18 September 2010

Wedding Gifts

We had a few weddings take place in our neighborhood in August.  I wanted to share the gifts I made, maybe you'll get some idea for the next time you have a wedding to attend.

First up, pot holders.  I custom made these to match the bride's chosen kitchen colors.  I used Amy's tutorial.  although this time I doubled the batting rather than the insulbright.  I made my own bias tape, with some of the fun Anna Maria fabric left from my girls' blouses


For another gift, I took some fun china I bought at the local antique store, and put the bowl and tea cup together to make a fun candy dish.



Inside the dish is homemade salt water taffy.  I included the recipe (in the sheet protector below).  The card included the admonition to make life sweet for each other.


All wrapped up and ready to go.

9 happy thoughts:

Amy said...

What lovely gifts! I love the sweet dish :D

Melissa said...

I really like the candy dish gift - very sweet.

Amy C said...

Those pot holders are fabulous. I love the candy dish too. I love seeing the different kinds of things people make with the cup/plate/bowls! They are awesome. Thanks for sharing. Good luck with the move! :)

Laura said...

What beautiful gifts!!

Marjorie said...

Great ideas! Handmade gifts are always sweet:)

Aurora said...

Maybe I'm a crazy person, but what glue did you use to make the candy dish? I really want to make a few of those for Christmas gifts but I don't want to fudge up the adhesion! Thanks!

Celeste B. said...

How sweet (no pun intended)!!! TFS - you're so creative!!!

chris said...

Aurora,
I used the E6000 glue. I've used it on several projects now with great success. I know gorilla glue works well too. Good luck!

Sandy Ang said...

What a nice gift !

Post a Comment

How sweet of you to stop by. Kind words are always welcome.

Print
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...